You may hear about Queen Anne’s lace, a plant with spectacular white flowers and a sweet smell. This plant is often called a wild carrot. By streaming, wild carrots can be distilled and produce oil. This essential oil is a kind of vegetable and essential oil.
People confuse carrot seed oil with carrot oil. This essential oil, named carrot oil, is a crushed carrot mixed with a carrier oil. But they are different. Carrot seed oil possesses many marvels, like anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant compounds.
What Is Carrot Seed Oil?
There may be some confusion about Carrot oil or Carrot seed essential oil. Most people think they are the same. To learn about carrot seed essential oil, you must know and differentiate it from others.
Carrot oil is genuinely made from the usual carrots. In the initial phase, the carrot is ground. Afterward, mix it with some carrier oil like Coconut, Olive, or Sweet almond oil. Though this oil is slightly greasy, it contains a high amount of Vitamin A.
Carrot seed essential oil
There is a wild plant with the scientific name of Daucus carota sativa. Locally, it is called a wild carrot. Mainly to produce oil, seeds of wild carrots are used. These seeds are distilled by streaming, and you will get carrot seed oil.
Origin And Cultivation of Carrot Seed Oil
Scientisresearchigin of wild carrots to Eurasia. They assume that natives of central Asia domesticated it in 1000-1100. The archeological digs and findings in Germany and Switzerland also assured that people from 4500 (BC) used wild carrots mainly for medical purposes. Initial oil from wild carrots was first used in ancient Greek and Roman civilizations for medical purposes. Later, Chinese civilization adopted this oil and used it as a bath and massage oil for mitigating muscle pain. In the Middle Ages, people from Northern Africa, Western Asia, and Europe started to use carrot seed oil. From then, wide use of carrot seed oil commenced.
The carrot seed oil’s main ingredient is a wild carrot’s seed. It is primarily produced in Middle Asia, North America, and Canada. It is a naturally grown plant. You may find them in meadows, pastures, roadsides, and waste places. A full-grown wild carrot plant can be 1 meter long.
Nutritional Value of Carrot Seed Oil
Carrot seed oil is significantly enriched with vitamin A. This golden almond-colored look-alike oil contains many chemical compositions such as A-pinene, B-pinene, B-bisabolene, Camphene, Carotol, Myrcene, Y-terpinene, Limonene, and Geranylacelete.
Besides containing Vitamin A, it also possesses different amounts of Vitamins B, C, D, E, and F. Beta-carotene is carrot seed oil’s other primary nutritional component.
Carrot Seed Oil at A Glance
|Daucus carota L
|Common Method of Extraction
|Extracted from the dried seed of wild carrot by stream distillation
|Plant Part Typically Used
|Thick but not greasy
|Dry woody smell
|Strength of Initial Aroma
|Sweet and fresh
|Very heavy, earthly, and fatty with a slightly spicy touch
|α-Pinene, sabinene, myrcene, limonene, geranyl acetate, bisabolene, caryophyllene oxide, and du col
Health Benefits of Carrot Seed
Carrot seed oil is tremendously beneficial to health. So let us explore these benefits:
1. Helps Kill Fungi and Bacteria
Russian scientists find α-pinene (7.05–51.23%) and sabinene (2.68–36.69%) as the primary components in carrot seed oil. These compounds can fight anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. So it is evident that carrot seed oil can fight off fungi and bacteria like
- Dermatophytes: commonly prescribes all kinds of fungal infection caused by a group of fungi of Arthrodermataceae.
- Alternaria Alternate: This fungi mainly attack plants and damage leaves.
- Escherichia coli: It is known chiefly as E. coli bacteria. It is found in the environment, food, wastage, and intestines of humans and animals.
- Acinetobacter: You may find these bacteria in soil and water.
** Carrot seed oil can protect you from these four fungi and bacteria.
2. Protection from Aedes albopictus
Aedes albopictus is a kind of mosquito, and the name Asian Tiger Mosquito knows it. This mosquito is responsible for the spread of Yellow fever, Zika virus, and Dengue fever. Carrot seed oil can kill the larva of this dangerous mosquito.
3. May Fight Cancer Cells
Cancer cells may be the most challenging object to eliminate on this planet. Only in the United States of America, roughly 609,360 people die from cancer yearly. However, scientists assume carrot seed oil is a potent tonic that prevents cancer cells from spreading. It is effective in cases of Skin, Colon, and Breast cancer.
4. Natural Sunscreen Option
A research article published in an Indian University claimed they tested some herbal products using natural ingredients. They found an SPF of 40 roughly in those products made using carrot seed oil.
Besides, many nutritionists assume that carrot seed oil contains approximately 35-40 SPF. So, it is inevitable that carrot seed oil can block ultraviolet (UV) and other lethal rays to protect your Skin.
5. Powerful Antioxidants
Most essential oils are enriched with tons of antioxidants. As an essential oil, carrot seed oil possesses many antioxidants. This ability protects the liver from damage and free radicals from harming body cells.
In earlier readings, we knew carrot seed oil helps fight colon, breast, and skin cancer—this containment of antioxidants.
6. Supports Skin
The carrot seed oil has been used for Skin and from a very early aged h from a very early age and a very early age care. It helps to moisturize your scalp and Skin. It’s loads of antioxidants that help your skin from being damaged. There are numerous health benefits of carrot seed oil.
- Slows down aging: The vitamin C from carrot seed oil stimulates collagen production, which minimizes the wrinkles and fine lines on your Skin. In a nutshell, carrot seed oil helps you to look young and fresh. It has not only anti-aging ingredients but also skin-lightening compounds.
- Soothes the Skin: Carrot seed oil possesses an anti-inflammatory ability. It treats redness on the Skin, rashes, etching, and acne. Besides, carrot seed oil soothes the body area concerned with irritatiFinally helps keep your loved one calm and clear.
- Inhibits the growth of bacteria: Carrohasoil has good anti-bacterial properties. Man has research studies proved its capability against bacteria Listeriasteria monocytogenes and staphylococcus aureus. It can stop or reduce the growth of fatal bacteria like these. It helps your skin from having infections and heals infectious areas rapidly.
- Regulates sebum production: Carrot seed oil is an excellent massage oil. This beta-carotene increases the production of sebum. First, mix 3-5 drops of carrot seed essential oil with one tablespoon of wild carrot seed hydrosol. Then, gently massage it on the Skin.
- Helps treat various skin conditions: Research conducted in 2016 ensured that carrot seed oil has anti-bacterial capability. It inhibits the growth of bacteria and fungi. For this reason, it heals skin diseases like eczema, dermatitis, vitiligo, and psoriasis.
- Improve Eye Sight: Carrot seed oil has a high level of Carotenoids, improving eyesight. Carrot seed oil is blessed with tons of Vitamin A in it. For this reason, it is also helpful to regain your decreasing vision.
But it would be if you recall that you could use it only for its v or culinary uses. Please do not use it as an eye drop.
7. Other Benefits
You will be amazed to know about carrot seed oil’s other benefits.
- Detoxifies Blood: Carrot seed oil is an excellent tonic to clean your blood, muscles, and tissue. It can even clean the internal organs of the human body. To be precise, it helps detoxify the kidney and liver. It can heal liver infections, which Jaundice causes.
- Prevents Acidity: Carrot seed oil can be your good cooking companion if you suffer from acidity. This essential oil is perfect for digestion. If you use this oil in cooking, you will never face further acidity irritation.
- Possesses Diuretic Properties: Diuretic helps to have urine at regular interval. That means urinating regularly or protecting you from having a urination seizure. Regular urination is good for health because urine removes fat, uric acid, bile, microbes, and other toxic particles.
- Controls Menstrual Cycle: Carrot seed oil can be the following essential product for girls. It keeps the menstrual cycle in a particular time pattern. This essential oil also lessens the pain during this period.
- Acts as a Great Stimulant: Your metabolism and blood circulation can be stimulated by using carrot seed oil. It boosts the production of hormones, enzymes, and gastric juice. This essential oil makes you active and efficient at work.
- Kills Worms: Carrot seed oil can be used as a natural vermifuge. It can kill worms that reside in the intestines of our bodies. This oil can be a good medicine for children to keep their health on track.
- Used In Aroma Therapy: Wild carrots’ white flowers are famous for their beautiful scent. So, it would be no wonder that the seeds of this plant possess a great aroma. The carrot seed oil has a nice, woody, and warm aroma. This oil is used widely for aroma therapy to refresh the body and mind.
- Oil for glowing Skin: Carrot seed oil is well-known for having Vitamin A, Carotenoids, and Beta-carotene. These components help your Skin to be radiant and glow. Secondly, carrot naturally gives our Skin a radiant complexion to our Skin.
- Oil for keloids: Keloid scar is a dangerous thing to speak about that is rare to familiar to people. This keloid can develop a thick and intense scar on the Skin. It usually does not go away. Carrot seed oil can mitigate the scar but does not make it vanish. You must use it regularly for nearly one month to get effective results.
- Oil for tanning: We already know that carrot seed oil has an abundance of A, strengthens our Skin, and prepares it for sun exposure. For this reason, carrthe ot seedl is widely used for tanning.
- Oil for uneven skin tone/HYPERPIGMENTATION: Carrot seed oil can absorb UVB light. Besides, it blocks UVB rays. In this way, it makes it balanced with your skin tone and eliminates uneven Skin. You can find a lot of suncream in the market with carrot seed oil as the primary ingredient.
- Oil for Gout: Gout is a form of arthritis but a very complex one. Usually, this occurs in the big toe. You can detect it by getting sudden pain in the joint, redness, and tenderness of the big toe. By massaging carrot seed oil on your big toe, you can mitigate your pain in joints.
- Oil for Toxin Build-up: Overproduction of toxins damages enzymes. In this way, the hemoglobin production in the blood will halt. Ultimately, this will accelerate your aging process. Carrot seed oil prevents the toxin from being overproduced. Put a few drops of carrot seed oil in a cup. Then, stir it with a few ounces of Jojoba oil. Then massage it on the Skin to prevent toxin build-up in the Skin.
- Oil for Water Retention: Water retention is known by another name, “Edema.” This term means excess water building up in the body. One can face water retention in the legs, ankles, and feet. Add a few drops of carrot seed oil to any carrier oil and make an ointment. Then, apply the ointment to the concerned area.
How to Use Carrot Seed Oil in Case of Skin
You can use carrot seed oil on the Skin and scalp of your head. You can add carrot oil to some carrier oil in both cases. Then, gently apply it to the Skin. Leave it for 2-3 hours, then rinse it with cool water. You can add this to Jojoba oil on the face. After 30 min – 45 min, clean it with face wash.
Any Risks Associated with Using Carrot Seed Oil For Skin
Carrot seed oil can irritate sensitive skin, cause allergies, and increase sun sensitivity. Dilute it with a carrier oil, do a patch test, and be cautious during pregnancy. Ensure high-quality oil from a reputable source. Consult a dermatologist for guidance on usage.
Precautions and Side Effects
Consider some issues before using carrot seed oil despite having no severe side effects.
- If you have epilepsy, you should avoid carrot seed oil.
- If you are an asthma patient, not using this essential oil will benefit you.
- An overdose of carrot seed oil can cause vomiting and nausea.
- Pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers strictly avoid the use of carrot seed oil.
- There are some precautions regarding kidney and liver failure, but it is not scientifically proven. But you should be aware of the dosage.
Carrot seed oil is one of the multi-usable essential oils out there. You can apply it to your Skin. Or you can make a facial scrub and apply it to your Skin. It can also be used in aroma therapy and soothes your nerves. You can even use it for cooking purposes also.
If we come to its benefits, then it is endless. It will save you from cancer, jaundice infection, and hyperpigmentation. This essential oil amazes your Skin and makes you look young and fresh. The carrot seed oil also has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties.
If we conclude, you want an essential oil that will protect you from everything. You can choose carrot seed oil without a single blink of an eye.